How Technology Helps Business Leadership Overcome Talent Shortages
Talent shortages and unprecedented competition in the labor market are hot topics today. Businesses and leaders are expressing concern about their future talent pipeline and human capital strategy, and understandably so. As of late April 2021, there were more than 9 million open jobs in the US, a record high. Reports show that businesses are grappling with ways to fill their open requisitions. The job spike is mostly due to hybrid work options, increasing skill gaps, childcare, early retirement, and Covid-19.
Faced with this new reality, business leaders across the country are trying to build up operations while adapting to the current set of challenges. The pandemic pushes hiring teams to rethink how they can engage their pipeline remotely and leverage digital tools to build the strongest and most diverse possible talent. And with the looming talent shortage, it’s becoming increasingly important to find ways to attract and retain talent.
What are businesses doing to solve talent shortages?
Worldwide, businesses apply various strategies to overcome talent shortages based on their capacity and demand. Some common and effective strategies include:
- Offering additional training and development
- Adjusting education and experience requirements
- Recruiting from outside the traditional talent pool
- Providing additional benefits and perks
- Exploring alternative work models: freelance, contract, or temporary work
- Allowing employees to have flexibility in their working time
Outsourcing IT services to solve the talent shortage
Outsourcing management and services to an IT service is perhaps the most effective way of dealing with staff shortages. It helps businesses overcome many of the challenges with IT management, technology deployments, and day-to-day support. It also helps business leaders implement breakthrough technologies that can help relieve some of the talent shortage issues.
Managed IT services from ARCIS Technology Group in Cleveland allow companies to focus on their core business. Here’s how we help businesses overcome talent shortages:
We give you access to the right people for the job.
In an era when solid employees are hard to come by, you may end up settling for “close enough” because the good ones are not there. A candidate might have a great personality fit but still lack some technical qualities you were hoping to get. Another might have all the skills but lack the personality fit you need for your team. When you outsource your IT needs to us, you won’t have to settle. You’ll get access to people who will fit into your company’s culture and give you access to a wide range of skills your business needs to thrive.
We will help you overcome IT management challenges.
With automation comes the need for IT management. But with the talent shortage, this would mean more pressure on business. Outsourcing your IT management needs means not having to worry about cybersecurity, backups and disaster recovery, mobility, vendor management, or cloud infrastructure. We’ll handle these for you, freeing your time to focus on growing your business.
We give you access to IT professionals with all the skills you need.
IT experts have different skillsets and competencies. Some focus on cybersecurity and app development, while others focus on network administration and so on. Hiring individuals with all these skills can be expensive and time-consuming. And it’s even tougher to find them in the current market conditions. But when you outsource these needs to us, you’ll have a team with all these skills ready to take upon those roles within your business.
We can implement breakthrough technologies to relieve the talent shortage.
Automation technology can negate the effects of labor shortages by minimizing the need for workers. It enables businesses to run on reduced staff, repurpose staff to work on more meaningful tasks, and give customers the convenience and speed they’re looking for. When you outsource to us, we can implement wide-ranging technologies to help overcome talent shortages. Examples include:
- Kiosks: The benefit of such self-service technology is empowering customers to safely order and pay for solutions without a human intermediary. A slight tweak in functionality makes these kiosks adaptable to different businesses, including restaurants, airports, etc.
- CRM systems: CRM improves hiring efficiency while providing HRs with an optimum way to manage candidate relationships. It helps businesses to automate communication and enhance candidate engagement and experience. Recruitment CRMs are customized to help businesses find and engage top talent at scale, irrespective of labor shortages or competition. They empower teams to build pipelines that feed openings all year.
- ERP Solutions: ERP can automate manual, rote tasks, accelerating operations and improving accuracy to help businesses deliver the right and timely solutions to customers. It can handle menial tasks, minimizing the need for labor. When combined with robots, ERP can help businesses understand production line efficiency and machine performance. ERP systems that feature advanced data analytics and business intelligence can transform big data into accurate predictions and actionable insights. These are major drivers for recruitment.
We provide short-term answers to immediate needs.
You need to deploy a hardware solution in your company but have no team to help make the rollout fast and efficient. You need to update the software solution, but your team does not have the skills to do the task. We can help. Our team can offer immediate access to the skills you need most. When you outsource to us, you negate the need to find and onboard an employee with the right capabilities and skills.
We can help you more effectively scale your business.
It’s hard to predict how the market will be throughout your business journey. There are times when your business will experience exponential growth and may need to bring in more employees. There are other times when everything stagnates or takes a dip and may force you to lay off some people. Outsourcing allows the freedom to scale up or down depending on growth. There’s no pressure to add employees or downsize.
If you’ve been struggling with staffing shortages and keeping your IT department running smoothly, we can help. Contact us today to learn more about our outsourced IT services and how they can help you navigate talent shortages and address many of the challenges you face in filling out your IT team.