Top 15 Microsoft Teams Tips for Becoming a Pro
Are you looking to take your collaboration on Microsoft Teams to the next level? Discover the fifteen time-saving tips and tricks to help you work with Teams like a pro.
Many organizations rely on cloud-based productivity tools like Teams to help them settle into the remote work model.
By creating a shared virtual workspace where you can share files, chat and meet, Microsoft Teams brings you and your remote employees together. But how can you get the most out of this versatile communication and collaboration platform?
Discover how you can start making the most of Teams to build a more cohesive and engaged workplace!
Watch our latest video to learn more about Microsoft Teams tips and tricks:
What Are The Top 15 Microsoft Teams Tips & Tricks You Need to Know?
- Keyboard Shortcuts: These offer a much faster way of moving to main options in Microsoft Teams without having to remove your hands from the keyboard. And there’s a keyboard shortcut to quickly view and explore the list of Teams keyboard shortcuts- Ctrl+. However, because they’re supported by the desktop app running on Windows, some of these may differ from the shortcuts in the web app. To explore the web shortcuts, click on see shortcuts for all platforms.
- Quick Navigation Shortcuts: Have you been looking for a faster way of navigating around the Microsoft Teams interface? For starters, you can click on Ctrl+1 to display activity, Ctrl+3 to move to your teams, and much more. It’s important to note that these shortcuts depend on how you’ve ordered your application bar. In case you’re using the web app, just add Shift to the shortcuts, for example, Ctrl+Shift+4, to move to chats.
- Adjust Your Status: Teams enables you and your employees to share your statuses, whether you’re splitting your roles between home and the office or working from home full-time. With Teams, you can easily identify ideal meeting times for all your team members and pinpoint employees who may be unavailable to reply to a chat. To adjust your status, go to your profile picture at the top-right corner. Hover above your current status and choose a new one from the menu. You can also add your own tailored status message.
- The Command Box: Regardless of where you are within Microsoft Teams, you can always access the command box to search, get help, take quick action, and so on. To find whatever you’re looking for in Teams, just type it into the box. Alternatively, you could open the command box by clicking Ctrl+E.
- @Mentions: Microsoft Teams allows you to improve your communications by increasing the probability of users viewing your messages. Much like social media platforms, Teams enables you to type @ followed by the name of the individual or group you wish to target. There are three different options from which you can choose: @team, @person, and @channel.
- Managing a Team: As a Team Owner, you can manage and customize various aspects of your Teams. For example, if you want to change your Team name, navigate to the ellipsis (…) and choose Edit. In addition, you can also choose to add other owners or members by selecting manage a team on the ellipsis menu. By offering a wide-ranging list of options, Teams allows you to tailor everything to your organization’s unique needs.
- Searching In Teams: Within Microsoft Teams, you can search using both the command box as well as searching users within chats. Alternatively, you could use the filter option by clicking on the funnel icon or pressing Ctrl+Shift+F. The funnel icon also offers a convenient way of identifying the most significant teams and channels.
- Editing a Message: How many times have you accidentally clicked send on a message before you were done with it? Fortunately, Teams allows you to quickly edit both chat and team messages. Just hover above the message you’d like to edit, click on the ellipsis and choose Edit.
- Private Channels: Teams offers a convenient way of having confidential conversations with specific team members. Instead of having to create a whole new team, you can quickly form a private channel. To form a private channel that’s only visible to particular team members, go to more options, and select Add Channel. Set your privacy to Private, and add your selected members from your team.
- Turning a File Into a Tab: This Teams feature enables you to save valuable time by converting your frequently accessed files into tabs. To do this, head to a channel, hover above the file you’d like to change into a tab, click on the ellipsis, and select make this into a tab.
- Adding a Poll: Is there a straightforward way to survey your team members without the typical drawn-out conversations or endless email threads? Microsoft Teams solves this by allowing you to use the Forms app to include polls in your channels.
- Switching to Dark Mode: Microsoft Teams allows you to change your background to a darker color. This allows you to work for longer and more comfortably regardless of the surrounding light conditions. To set the theme according to your specific needs, navigate to your profile, select Settings, and choose your preferred option.
- Saving Messages: Microsoft Teams allows you to save and view significant communications in the future quickly. To do this, go to more options, and click on save this message.
- Pinning Important Conversation: Would you like to drastically minimize the time it takes to get to your frequently accessed chats and channels? With Teams, you can take advantage of the pin feature to open your regularly visited channels or Teams in the shortest possible time. Simply highlight the chat or channel, choose more options, and pin.
- Formatting and Fun: There are several features that enhance communications by making them fun and engaging. These include various emojis, stickers, and GIFS.
In The Market For a Trusted Microsoft Solutions Provider In Ohio?
Our experienced Microsoft 365 specialists at ARCIS Technology Group are eager to help your organization get the most out of Teams.
Get in Touch With Us right away to get started.