Do You Know Why Managed IT Services Are The Right Choice For Your Manufacturing Firm?
Is your IT support outdated? Consider what Managed IT Services, the proven approach to IT, can do for your manufacturing firm.
Like so many long-standing industries, the manufacturing world isn’t necessarily quick to adopt new technologies. Manufacturing firms have the scale and longevity to wait out the emergence of new technologies in order to see what’s actually worth the investment, and what’s just a fad.
This kind of hesitance can have far-reaching effects, beyond the technologies you can use. As a mindset, it can prevent you from harnessing the right types of IT support – like Managed IT Services.
Any manufacturing firm will face a range of obstacles on its path to success.
Many firms like yours have a combination of up to date software programs running side by side with core legacy programs. Your core program is essential but it’s harder to find effective support.
This is in addition to complex supply chains, rising costs and of course, local and offshore competition. One thing you shouldn’t have to worry about is your IT Systems – Managed IT Services takes care of them for you.
What Do Managed IT Services Offer Manufacturing Firms?
- Free Up Cash Flow: Traditionally, IT expenses get categorized as capital expenses or CapEx. With managed services, you can move away from a CapEx model to operational expenses or OpEx model, as you are paying month by month and seeing the return right away. Your costs for these services are considered monthly operating expenses like the electric or water bill.
- Protect Your Firm: Your cybersecurity may not be up to snuff. Not because you don’t think it’s important, but because you have other things on your mind. While technology evolves and data expands, the number of ways your IT network can be compromised increases. A Managed IT Services Provider can provide security services, advise you on the credentials of vendors, and conduct ongoing risk assessments to identify network vulnerabilities and help keep your network secure.
- Simplify The Cloud: You may know about the cloud, and you may want to use it for your work. But doing so without the right expertise can make the migration a tedious process, and the ongoing management can come with downtime and security risks. Many firms find it difficult to keep up with the latest advances in technology. Outsourcing your IT to a local IT company provides easy access to the latest technology so you can be more competitive in this technology-driven world. Furthermore, with an IT company, these solutions are less expensive than you if you purchased them yourself. Most IT companies have partnerships with vendors and can provide new technologies at a reduced cost.
- Plan Your IT Effectively: As your firm grows, your IT needs grow as well. If you’re “flying by the seat of your pants”, then do you really think that your IT will keep up with your firm? It all starts with a plan. Your firm, and the technical infrastructure it relies on have to be ready to grow when needed. This means software, hardware, and anything else you use to get work done. Keep in mind that new service offerings often come with significant upgrades or new software. Your IT company can provide the flexibility you need to change your products/services or add new ones when required.
- Phase Out Decades-Old Software: Are you still using the same old line of business software that you’ve been using for years and years? As dependable as it may be (and let’s be honest, mileage varies) software like this has a core flaw – it only works for those who are fluent in it. After all, it’s not that accessible if you’re not familiar with it. Your IT company should be able to help you find a better way. New technologies, such as the cloud, can help you get past old line of business software.
- Revolutionize The Way You Manage Data: This is a core benefit of enhancing your IT environment – store your data in the cloud so you can keep it safe, and access it when and where you need to. from where and where you need to. By moving your vital data to the cloud, you can enhance your security, increase data accessibility for staff members and lower costs. Instead of storing onsite, you can reduce costly local hardware by storing your files in the cloud, where they’ll be safe and easily accessible by you and your staff.
Keep Your Firm Operating, No Matter What
Unless you can quickly recover your data after a power outage or any other type of disaster, your manufacturing firm will face backlogs, missed deadlines and un-loyal customers. To recover your data today means backing it up to a secure, offsite location in the cloud.
The right Managed IT Support Services company will provide this service so you can retrieve your data from any location where you have an internet connection so your company will be back in operation faster.
Your Backup and Disaster Recovery Plan needs to be customized to your environment, making sure that integrated security policies and procedures are in accordance with your industry standards. This includes training sessions to ensure your employees are comfortable with procedures and that they are communicated to the appropriate personnel.
Don’t put off managed IT services any longer – partner with the right IT company in order to gain each and every advantage explored in this article.